Friday 19 June 2015

Morewenstow to Bude 7

After the best night's sleep in the purple room in a lovely comfy bed and a lovely breakfast we re-traced the mile back to the coast path.
The first thing we came across was Hawker's Hut built by a the vicar of Morewenstow from the timbers of a shipwrecked boat.
 There were still several ups and downs to get over before the edge of Bude came into view and both my knees were complaining by this time.


Thankfully it was a short walk today and we had plenty of time so I didn't have to go too fast and Margaret was good at coaxing me over the last few hills.
About 1 mile out from the centre of Bude we found 'Margaret's Rustic Tea Room' with a lovely lady serving refreshments from a caravan. It was very popular and the garden was full of small seats and things to keep children occupied.

At Crooklets beach we left the coastal path behind and turned inland to find Margaret's B&B for the night where my suitcase awaited me. It was good to say farewell to the boots that Margaret kindly took home for me.
All I had to do now was get to Plymouth on the bus, travel to Par on the train and catch a bus to Fowey where I spent the next two weeks with friends on a proper holiday.
We intend to come back next year to walk from Bude to Land's End so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment